Sunday, February 12, 2012

Feeling... Pregnant.

No one ever said that being pregnant was going to be easy...but no one ever told me it was going to be this trying. Throughout the last 8 months I have seen myself through more than I ever though I would. Body changes, mood changes, eating changes, its all so overwhelming sometimes. To top it off I have this 4lb Creature inside me. Thats right I said Creature lol Mommy loves him but sitting in bed watching him move is like something from a sci-fi movie :D Well I spend alot of time in the shower recovering from the morning  Hyperemesis bought, and in that time I get the chance to really see God at work in my pregnancy. 
Hyperemesis gravidarum (HG) is a severe form of morning sickness with "unrelenting, excessive pregnancy-related nausea and/or vomiting that prevents adequate intake of food and fluids lasting throughout the complete pregnancy.
Yeah, That has been my life for the last 8 months, consisting of 6 hospital visits 5 of which were for the sickness. Labor and Delivery LOVES me already haha. 
My last visit to Labor and Delivery was probably my longest and my most trying. Let me explain to you what happened.
The day started out like any other. Wake up with a sick feeling and run to the shower. The problem with my "Morning Cure" is if it doesn't work soon enough...I run out of hot water. That was my issue on this particular morning. I would get in the shower, sit in the hot water until well it went away, get out, throw up for a bit, and pray the water had warmed up enough for me to maybe feel better this time. The feel better never came. So around 2pm my amazing husband Andrew finally said enough was enough and it was time to once again make the 20 minute(when speeding) drive to the hospital. I went in to labor and delivery for the first time on my own two feet without my head in a bucket for the 6th time. As I walked back to the room they were putting me in I realized that everytime I had been there the only thing I had seen from the main desk to the rooms...was the floor and yeah it looked very familiar. I got into my room and went about the routine, getting in the gown, putting on the band and than hooking up the monitors. The only thing different about this time was there was no need for an IV (YAY). 5 o'clock came around and I had just about had enough of the hospital. Than the contractions started....O MY WORD DID THE CONTRACTIONS START. My nurse at the time Tracy was thinking that I was going to be able to go home. Until i hit the floor in pain. After checking my cervic they saw that i was 3.5 cm dialated. I couldnt take it. I requested out of the fling of time to sit in a shower not sure if i was even going to be able to have access to one. To my blessed amazement they agreed to let me sit in the shower and fight out my pains. BEST IDEA EVER!!! Great thing was I never ran out of hot water :D Some blood tests were drawn while I was in the shower and after returning to my room around 6:45ish they checked my cervics again and this time i was 4cm, and 80% thinned. They made me sit there in the hospital room for another 2 hours to wait and see if i was going to dialate anymore. To my amazement what happened again...but more contractions.....so to the shower again I returned. This time it was only a brief shower as I started to feel alot better. Mind you during this whole stay they are shuving water down my throat at a rapid rate. After getting back to my room again they checked me for the 3rd time. I was still stuck at 4cm. and having less and less contractions. I sat with my baby on the monitor for another 20 min before the nurse came back and decided that they were comfortable enough sending me home knowing i wont go into labor YET. 
What about Baby you ask? During this whole ordeal my child is a NON STOP MOVING LITTLE MACHINE. The nurses were amazed at how active he was with me feeling like I did. They had done an ultrasound on him the day before and found out that he was 33weeks weighing 4lbs 10 oz. and looking GREAT!!!!


With all this said. They have decided that I maybe have about 3 weeks till my baby might decide he wasnts to enter the real world, but my due date isnt until the 20th of March. I know I will have him in my arms sooner than that due to how unhealthy I am with the sickness. But all in all I thank God that Jeshual has been able to withstand this whole ordeal and come out on top like the little fighter I know he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment