Saturday, February 18, 2012

Tagged!!!


I have been tagged! Mrs. Katy Hollands tagged me and Im up for a topic to finally blog about. (Thanks I was brain dead) :D
First the rules:

1.) You must post these rules
 2.) Each person must post eleven things about them on their blog.
 3.) Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.

Ok well here goes: 11 Things about me!

1. I was born and raised in the beautiful state of Montana! A few facts about Montana, the state bird is the Meadowlark, the state flower is the Bitterroot, the state tree is the Ponderosa Pine, the state animal is the Grizzly Bear, and the state moto is "Oro y Plata" Spanish for Gold and Silver. I was born in the town of Missoula Montana, at the Community Medical Center. I get to be blessed to have my baby in the same hospital that my mother had me. My favorite thing about living in Montana is the beauty I get to experience everyday. I am completely surrounded 360 degrees by beautiful Rocky Mountains, and not a mile away the serene Clark Fork River.

2.I have a massive addiction to Rock Candy, Supernatural, Skylanders, Fruit of anykind, any candy of the gummy form, and driving around sight seeing. Is addiction a good word to use....probably.



3. I married my Best Friend Andrew Lee Mitzel on May 21, 2011 in Frenchtown Montana. We met at Davis Bible college in Johnson City New York.  He was born in Amherst New York. He grew up in Warsaw, moving than to Alexander where his family still lives now. He grew up being a dairy farm boy before he graduated highschool. When he hit the age of college he attended Genesee Community College for Mechanical Engineering. After successfully completing a year of college he changed schools to attend Davis Bible College  majoring in Theology. My story isnt as interesting, but I grew up in Frenchtown Montana, where I attended Frenchtown Elementary, Junior High, and Highschool to graduate in May of 2008. When I graduated I jumped right into college attending the University of Montana College of Technology for a degree in Computer Sciences, after seeing that wasnt what I thought, I switched majors to a Nursing degree. In July of '08 I was hospitalized for a major infection of my kidneys. After suffering from MASSIVE dehydration, I went through 4 nurses trying to get an IV in my arm the last one was the head nurse of the ER. the other 3 each tried themselves 3 times to get an IV. I had had enough. Due to this incident i realzied a week into nursing that it wasnt for me either. I finally found my calling in Floral Designing. I decided that since i was in need of massive time away from Montana I chose to attend Davis Bible College in New York. Both my husband and I were on the College soccer team, both of us having the same number 3. We started dating in October of '09. We were Engaged on my parents anniversary of November 23, 2010 at our "Going Away Party" when we moved from New York to Montana making a cross country drive. Finally we end on May 21, 2011 were we were married at the Frenchtown Community Church.

4. Im a full blooded proud Green eyed GERMAN!!!! My family fluently speaks the German language, I on the other hand speak non fluent "wish is spoke" German. lol. I grew up learning things here and there in German that still stick with me today. My Mother, Father, and I still shoot phrases back and forth everynow and than.


5. For my 21st birthday Andrew got me the greatest present I ever recieved. I got my Baby gurl Breezi Bree. She is a Boarder Collie mutt. I wish i knew anything else she was mixed with. The boarder collie is just soooo obvious lol. Andrew seems to think she has some sort of Spanial in her. I though Blue Healer. In the end who knows. She has been my best furrry friend. She sleeps at my side, she sits at my side, and she is constantly stuck to me. Her favorite thing to do is to lay her head on my tummy and feel my baby move against her. She is sooo sweet and so energetic but at the same time she is very protective of her family. I love her very much. This picture is from the Day i brought her home. We adopted her from the Great Falls Animal Shelter where her owner dropped her off the day before and just left her. We know she wasn't treated well, She had an issue with men for a time period when we first got her, but thanks to Andrew working with her she grew out of that. She is almost 3 years old. Hard to believe I have almost had her a year.


6. My husband and I are going to be the proud parents of a bouncing baby boy before the 20th of March. We feel so blessed that God has laid him in our life. We have decided to name our little bundle of joy, Jeshual Sorren Mitzel. My husband came up with the name Jeshual as a combination of his 3 favorite men from the Bible; Jesus, Joshua and Samual. Sorren means "Stern" in Danish. So to combine the two names you have "A Stern Man of God"  Mitzel :D We have what we can set up due to our living situations. We have his car-seat in the car, his clothes in his new dresser, a crib in the house, high chair ready to be used lol someday i guess. We are excited and anxious for out little mans arrival and we have decided he cant come soon enough... literally we are now being told we will be holding him by the end of the month.

7. I love the Spring time. Its my favorite time of the year. I love smelling the grass after a fresh rain. and watching the trees turn from bare to Bloomed in only a few months. Spring times means gardening starts. I love being able to tend to plants. Not always do I have a green thumb but most of the time I can get something to pop up out of the ground. I started the love of gardening with Flowers. I love to grow them, but like I said I have a semi-black thumb. I design them...after they have been cut :) I started with Dahlias. Thanks to a women I used to skate with she got me into the Montana Dahlia Society, and than into the National Dahlia society. I even went on to become a certified Dahlia Judge for official flower shows. I love flowers, they are my Career. I want to get into Wedding Designing, but you got to get into a shop first. And around here the economy has little room for Floral Designers.

8.Thanks to my mom I am a rather good Crocheter, and an ok Knitter. I love to crochet. I am currently working on a baby cocoon, and a blanket (For Mommie) since everyone else is making one for the baby. Being able to make things by myself brings me a lot of satisfaction. My only problem is now with him being so close I'm not sure I can finish either of my projects before he gets here.

9.I am a proud member of Lambda Tau Upsilon Christian Sorority. I joined the sorority in Spring of 2010. I was given the honorable name of Adelphi Sincere Heart. My verse is Hebrews  10:22 "let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water." As an Adelphi (greek for sister) I am committed to helping others experience God's love, to nurture their spiritual development, to enable them to discover their spiritual gifts as well as use them, and to equip them for effective ministry in every day life. Love Truth and Unity.


10.I have a strange connection to the RPG world.....I admit...I am a World of Warcraft nerd. I know I know its not a great game but hey, it keeps a pregnant chick occupied. My favorite character is my level 81 Priest, Aliceya. There isn't much I can say about it lol unless you know about it its hard to explain so Im going to leave this one at this ><

11. Ok the last and final, I LOVE CRANBERRY JUICE!!!! When I was hospitalized for my kidney infection, I had to drink it like crazy. I hated it for the longest time until one day I woke up and suddenly I loved it. Now im obsessed with anything Cranberry. My favorite thing from Sonic is their Cranberry Slushies, I love frozen whole Cranberries with sugar, my favorite thing about Thanksgiving dinner is the Cranberry sauce, Ahhhh all this cranberry talk is making me CRAVE THEM :D!!!!

Phew ok now that I finally finished this, Here are the question Mrs. Katy gave me.

1. Do you like salty or sweet better?
I am a sweet lover to the core!!!! lol I admited in my 11 about me that I have a horrible addiction to candy. Anything sweet and sugary is my yuuuuummmmmyyyy. Its funny that this is one of my questions because as I am sitting here typing this blog I am eating a giant jar of Jelly Bellies with my amazing Husband. (I dont do black licorice....yuck)

2. What are three words you would use to describe yourself?
 

Energetic, Outgoing, and Strange!!! Just to name a few!!! 











3.What is the neatest things that ever happened to you in your life?
The neatest thing that happened to me was when I had the privileged of going to Colorado Springs Colorado for a National skating competition, The State Games of America. I competed in a few events but I placed no higher than 11th. I qualified for this competition by placing first, second, or third, in my Freestyle skating events at the State Games of Montana. When I went to Colorado I competed against other skaters from around the United States representing their states. NOT GOING TO LIE. I miss the world of Figure Skating. It was my life, my talent, and my sport.

4. What is your favorite Bible verse? Why.
My favorite bible verse other than my Adelphi verse, would have to be Matthew 17:20, "He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." I would have to say that this verse is my favorite because I have always been a small person. It wasn't until i was 16 that I hit 5ft and It was the greatest thing of my life. But when I discovered this verse it proved to me that no matter how small something is, It can have the biggest effect.

5. Would you rather read a good book or watch a movie to relax?
Hmmm.... This one is tough. When I find a good book I could sit down and read it for hours. And when I need to relax a good movie is always a good choice. For instance my husband and I are sitting here relaxing with our comupters and a bunch of DVR Supernaturals. lol

6. What is your favorite color?

Hands down the Easiest question. My favorite Color is YELLOW!!!!! My wedding colors were Yellow and White with Green accents. Most of my sons clothes that I have picked out have been yellow I noticed. I love the smell of lemons, Yellow hahaha and my favorite pair of socks are fuzzy yellow ones i have had for 3 years.







7. Who is the person who inspires you the most?
 Wow this is a tough one. A lot of people inspire me for a lot of different reasons. For instance, Tyra Banks inspires me because she pushes girls to be better than the image the World wants them to be. I used to watch Americas Next Top Model pretty religiously, and she stood for the girls who had curves, the girls who were different. Beauty is deeper than a perfect image that someone created on Photoshop. My Brother Robbie Staiger(Picture on the right) inspires me because he made the hard choices in life to make something of himself. He is the closest of all my siblings. The only one I talk to. We share the same birthday and same personalities lol. Time and time he could have taken the easy way but he didn't. He made the hardest choices of his life because he knew it was what was best, even if they hurt more than anything.

8.What is one thing about you that people don't usually know?
I am a semi nerd....Ok so I'm a full fledge nerd!!!!!!! I love to play Skylanders and Alice in Wonderland on the WII. I love to play Spyro and Kingdom Hearts on the Nintendo SD. and I LOVE to play World of Warcraft on the PC. hehehehehehe This is way to nerdy when I look at it and see how many games i actually play on a consecutive basis.

9.Would you rather be hot or cold?
Cold lol. Well not in a heartfelt way. When I get warm I feel icky. Especially being pregnate I get to warm and I'm sick throwing up ><. I grew up born and raised in Montana.....That says Moutains and Glaciers to me. Most of the year here is below 70degrees. We may have 2 months thats we get above that.

10. What is your favorite type of food?
I LOVE PASTA!!!!!!!!!!! Any type of pasta, you name it, I will eat it. Anything from Mac N Cheese, to Alfredo. I love Fruit as well. I don't think I have had a type of fruit that I didn't like. In the picture my adoring at the time Fiance took me out to our engagement dinner at my favorite restaurant Olive Garden. MMMMMMMMM I had soo much Chicken Alfredo and House Salad and Bread sticks. I need to have one here in Missoula. Our closest one to us here in Montana is in Billings Montana. This picture was taken at the Olive Garden in Vestal New York.




11. What is your favorite classic old movie?
I would have to say my favorite classic movie would have to be Alice in Wonderland...does that count as classic? I grew up on the Disney classics. The adventure and wonder and mystery of Alice in Wonderland always captivated me. I was never a girl for school, but to drift away to my own little world was MAGIC!!!!

Those were great questions now here are the ones I have come up with.
1. Do you Dye, or are you your Natural?
2. What is your dream Vacation?
3. Whats your favorite season, and Why?
4. Are you a techy or an old fashion? (not to be taken inappropriately)
5. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
6. Would you rather Work or go to School, Why?
7. If you were a Jelly Belly...What flavor would you be?
8. What do you do in your spare time?
9. Where is your "retirement" home?
10. What is your Favorite flower?
11. What story from the Bible influences your walk most?

Lets see I dont really have anyone on my blog so I guess i will Tag

You are the only people I have following me so :D Well, I started this blog around 1pm and it is now 10pm and I am finishing it. Hope you have fun with these questions. I look forward to reading what you have to say about yourself. Happy Blogging :D

2 comments:

  1. Awww this was so much fun to read! I am glad that you had fun with it :) I am going to use some of your questions for my Q&A post so that will be perfect :)
    Hugs!
    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome Glad I could help. I look forward to reading that post!

    ReplyDelete