Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Oh Ya...The Birth!!!

Wow, almost 2 months have gone by since the birth of my little angel Jeshual Sorren Mitzel. I now realize that I have been slacking in my blogging which is weird because I have been complaining about having nothing to do...reality I have tons I can do. Well lets share the story.

Jeshual was born at the Community Medical Center in Missoula Montana on February 21, 2012. He weighed a whopping  4lbs 5ozs at birth and was 17inches long. He was 4 weeks exactly early. I started to develop Toxemia (or Preclampsia) with the High blood pressure of 160/100 they decided that it was time for the little one to come out. I walked into Community at 7:30am on the 21st. By 8:45 they had started the IV and started the induction of my labor. The next few hours were SOOOO SLOW!!!! At noon Dr. Craig McCoy (My OBGYN from week 14) came in and broke my water. After a bit I started to feel contractions. I had an amazing visit from my Pastor, my Parents, and some very close friends (  ;) You know who you are!). 

At about 2:45pm the contractions became more than I could deal with. I called for my nurse who than called for my anesthesiologist. My Fears were about to become a reality.....I was getting a giant needle in my back!!! After a few injections of the local anesthetic and fighting contractions the gentleman performing the epidural realized that it was when I was contracting that I couldn't feel the poking on my back. With this new found information he waited for my next contraction and fiddled around behind me pretending to work ;) because when the next contraction came, I told him it was there he said ok i will wait and with a few pokes to my back he treated the cathader into my back. I finally stopped contracting and told him it was ok for him to proceed with his work. Andrew (My Husband) looked at me and told me "Its ok, its all over". The gentleman than took to bandaging everything up.

Random mommy Point....Had to stop to put a Suckie in twice now :D I have been working on this up to here for 30 min lol... I love my Son <3 Taking a baby break. Be back in 5 :) 

Ok a bottle was needed and so was a change of pukey clothes. Now its time to blog one handed.

Where was I....O ya, So after some time and a few doses I was feeling Good. My nurse came in around 3:30pm and checked my dilation. In less than an hour I had dilated from 3cm to a full 10!! So my nurse sent for McCoy and the delivery team. At 3:50 I started pushing. Without a sound and without difficulty my son Jeshual Sorren Mitzel was born at 4:12pm. (Ironically my birthday is 4/12/90) He came out with a cough and a cry,the most beautiful sound I have ever heard in my life!!!. My husband got to cut the umbilical cord, and he was whisked into my arms!!! 
Jeshual was born at 4 pounds 5 ounces and 17 inches long. After a bit of quality time with him and some measurements taken. He was taken from us and rushed to the NICU due to his little stature. With sad/joyous hearts we walked to the room we would inhabit for 2 days....just the 2 of us, my husband and I. The rest of the story to come in my next post....look for "Adventures in the NICU".

No comments:

Post a Comment