Thursday, April 12, 2012

April 12, 2012...My 22nd Birthday

I know I said my next post would be a continue of my last post, but being its my birthday today I figured I would do a birthday post.

I was born 22 years ago at 10:15pm. I was 7lbs 10ozs. In an adorable coincidence I was born at the same hospital I had the privileged of having my son at. :D

This is the first birthday I have been able to have at home in 2 years. 
I spent the first in NY while I was attending bible college. My now husband, at the time boyfriend, took me to a nice quite lunch at the Broadway Cafe on the campus. He got me a cute yellow shirt, that I wore whenever possible :), and a blue Snuggie, I had let it slip that I had wanted one for sometime. 
The second was my 21st. Ahhh lol such an interesting night. I was living in Great Falls Montana, working for Kranz Florists. I had amazing co-workers... even though I had a donkey for a boss...ah-hem... My manager, Jenica Yokum now the Godmother of my son, told me that even though we all had to work the next day we NEEDED to celebrate. So Jenica, my husband Andrew, our delivery driver Ryan, and I went out to 3 bars in one night. Mind you I'm not a drinker...well I'm not one to hold alcohol well. The next day we all had to be at work between 7am and 10am, by than we were all at work. The next few hours were well...lets just say I regretted the nigh before hahahah. I have never had such a hard time designing, or tolerating people in my life.
This birthday was my first birthday as a Wife and a Mother. Today I saw the true meaning of the word blessing. My son had a rather cranky morning which kinda set a dark tone to the day. Yesterday morning I got a perm that well... didn't turn out like I wanted. So this morning I went into a slight breakdown. Luckily I had my first blessing this morning. My husband was there to help me tame the unruly napped hair. Now I love it!!!! My second blessing came when I was able to see my son smile for the first time. Unfortunentally I couldn't get a pic it was over to soon :( My last blessing came in the form of my Parents. They took Jeshual for a couple hours so we could go to a planned dinner by Andrew. He took me to my new favorite place, BUFFALO WILD WINGS!!!!! Yumm!!!! 
Overall I had an amazing day, No matter how rough it started. The events of the rest of the day made everything totally worth it!!!! 
Probably my favorite moment of the day. Andrew, Jeshual, and I were waiting in the parking lot of my mothers work for her to get off so we could leave monkey with her. For some reason he was just Extremely unhappy. Didn't want a bottle, didn't need a diaper change, wasn't too warm, wasn't too cold, and than didn't want daddy. All he needed was Mommy. He laid in my arms and fussed at first until i reached to hold his Suckie in his mouth and he grabbed my hand. My Son Hugged Me For The First Time!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you liked my blog please take the time to read some other blogs by some of my close friends. You will always find something encouraging and uplifting in all of their blogs.




O an Thanks for all your Birthday wishes. They were another giant blessing and day brightener for me today!

2 comments:

  1. AWWWWW THAT IS THE SWEETEST PICTURE!! Oh my goodness just melting here! LOVE IT! Happy late bday!! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It made me cry When he grabbed my hand. Make sure you guys take sooooooooooooooo many pictures because time goes to fast once he is born. :D

    ReplyDelete